Construction of my second mini-site took a total of approximately eight hours which ended up being kind of maddening. I think that part of the reason it was frustrating at times was because of all of the duplication of code across pages which meant that extra attention to detail when looking at specifics within the content was necessary. I kept finding sections of text or links that needed to be edited. Creating new and unique pages for each category ended up being pretty time consuming overall.
I got fairly into the design aspect of the pages, and I enjoyed working on the CSS quite a bit, so that ended up taking up some of the time as well.
I really liked working with the recipes because I like to bake sometimes, so I enjoyed looking through and selecting recipes that fit under each of my selected categories. It was fun to find different recipes that I would theoretically try and then to try to make my design elements aesthetically complimentary to my recipe site.
I had difficulty with my CSS page linked to my recipe pages when I tried to make my nav tab bar, because I couldn’t stop the li associated with the class “ingredients” from inheriting the traits of the li associated with the class “header”, which ultimately became very frustrating. I had to look up how to work on the special tabs initially anyways, which I predicted I would have to do after completing the last CSS chapter, but after reviewing in the text I was still unsure so I searched for CSS tabs help online and found a site called HTML Dog which ended up being pretty helpful.